The Firestick is a popular streaming device, but sometimes it may need to be restarted to fix Firestick buffering issues or improve performance. In this article, we’ll cover four efficient ways to restart your Firestick to ensure your device runs smoothly.
Before we get into the solutions, let’s analyze what benefits restarting the Firestick brings so that we can better judge whether we should restart the Firestick or use other methods when we encounter problems.
What Does Resetting Your Fire TV Do?
Resetting your Fire TV refers to restoring the device to its factory settings. This action has several effects:
Removes Apps and Data: Resetting your Fire TV erases all installed applications, settings, preferences, and personal data from the device. This includes any downloaded apps, login credentials, saved Wi-Fi networks, and customized settings.
Clears Cache and Temporary Files: Resetting eliminates cache files and temporary data accumulated by apps over time. This can help free up storage space and potentially improve device performance.
Resolves Software Issues: If you’re experiencing glitches, freezes, or other software-related problems on your Fire TV, resetting can often resolve these issues. It essentially gives your device a fresh start by clearing out any potential software conflicts or corruptions.
Resets Network Settings: When you reset your Fire TV, it also resets network settings. This means that any saved Wi-Fi networks will be removed, and you’ll need to reconnect to your Wi-Fi network after the reset.
Deactivates Your Account: Resetting your Fire TV dissociates the device from your Amazon account. This is useful when you want to hand over or sell the device to someone else, as it ensures that your personal information and accounts are no longer associated with the device.
It’s important to note that resetting your Fire TV is a permanent action, and once performed, it cannot be undone. Therefore, it’s advisable to back up any important data or settings before proceeding with the reset.
Restarting Firestick also fixes issues like buffering and Firestick slow running.
Now, getting to the topic, how to achieve resetting the firestick by different approaches.
How to Restart FireStick with Settings
Restarting your Firestick using the Settings menu is simple and appropriate. You can do so by following these steps:
- In your Firestick’s main window, select “Settings” from the far right side of the menu bar. (Older versions selected Settings at the top)
- In the Settings menu, continue to navigate and select My Fire TV or Devices and Software, depending on your Fire TV device model.
- Select the “Restart” or “Restart Fire TV” option. You may need to scroll down to find it.
- A confirmation message will appear asking if you want to restart your Fire TV. select “Restart” to continue.
- Your Firestick will now begin the reboot process. It may take a few minutes for the device to fully reboot.
- Once the reboot is complete, your Firestick will automatically load the home screen and you can resume normal use.
Unplug from the power source to reset FireStick
Unplug the Firestick from the power supply and restart it This is a mandatory approach. When your Firestick has a frozen screen, sluggish response or software glitch, or your remote control doesn’t work remotely, unplugging the Firestick from the power supply to restart it can often solve the problem.
It essentially provides a full power cycle to the device, allowing it to start again. Locate the power cord connected to your Firestick device and gently unplug the power cord. After a short wait of 1 minute, plug the power cord back into the Firestick or an electrical outlet.
However, you can try the other methods mentioned first and then unplug your Firestick power cord if it doesn’t work.
Restart FireStick directly with the Remote
Rebooting is also possible using the Firestick’s remote control. If your Firestick screen is stuck, you can use the key combination on the remote control to force close the application that is now running.
To reset Firestick directly using your remote control, you can follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Select button and Play/Pause button on the remote control at the same time for about 5 seconds
- Your Firestick will start restarting directly.
How To Restart Firestick Screen Mirroring App From AirBeamTV?
The Firestick Mirroring application is an application that allows you to wirelessly transfer content from another device, such as a smartphone, tablet or computer, to your Firestick. This mirroring technology allows you to view content on your phone or computer, such as photos, videos, apps or web browsers, on a large screen.
Some common Firestick mirroring applications include AirBeamTV, AirPlay, Miracast, and Google Cast. These applications typically require setup and pairing on your Firestick and your mobile device to ensure they can communicate and transfer content to each other.
Restarting the Firestick mirroring application on Android
To restart the Firestick mirroring application on Android, you can try the following steps:
- On your Android device, navigate to the home screen or app drawer and locate the “Settings” application.
- In the Settings menu, scroll down and locate the “Apps” or “Applications” option, and tap into it.
- In the list of applications, find and select the Firestick mirroring application you are using, such as AirBeamTV or another application.
- On the application details page, you will see different options such as “Force Stop”, “Clear Data”, and “Clear Cache”. Select “Force Stop” to stop the application from running.
- Close the Settings application and return to the Home screen.
- Locate and click on the icon for the Firestick mirror application to restart it.
- The application will restart and you can attempt to reconnect to the Firestick device for screen mirroring.
If the above approach does not work, try the following approach.
- Click the Recently Used button in the lower right corner of your Android device.
- Swipe right until you see the Firestick Mirror app.
- Swipe up to close the app.
- Open the app again.
Restarting the Firestick mirroring application on iPhone
- 1. Press the Menu button on your iPhone twice. This will display the apps you have recently used.
- 2. Swipe up the screen to find and select the AirBeamTV app.
- 3. Swipe the app up to close it.
- 4. Wait about 10 seconds to make sure the app is completely closed.
- 5. Return to the Home screen and find the AirBeamTV app icon.
- 6. Tap the AirBeamTV app icon to reopen it.
- 7. In the app, follow the normal steps to connect to your Firestick device.
How to Restart Youtube on Amazon Firestick?
To restart the YouTube app on your Amazon Firestick, you can follow these steps:
- On your Firestick remote, press and hold the Home button for a few seconds. This will open the App Switcher or Recent Apps screen.
- Navigate to the YouTube app using the directional buttons on your remote.
- Once the YouTube app is highlighted, press the Menu button (the button with three horizontal lines) on your remote.
- A menu will appear on the right side of the screen. Scroll down and select the “More Options” or “App Options” (gear icon) button.
- In the app options menu, select the “Force Stop” option. This will close the YouTube app.
- After force-stopping the app, press the Home button on your remote to return to the Firestick home screen.
- Now, locate the YouTube app again from your app list or use the Search function to find it.
- Select the YouTube app to open it. The app will restart and load fresh content.
How do you reset a Firestick without the remote?
Resetting a Firestick without the remote can be challenging, as the remote is typically required to access the settings menu. However, you can try the following alternative methods:
- Using the Fire TV App: If you have the Fire TV app installed on your smartphone or tablet and it’s connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Firestick, you can use it as a virtual remote. Open the app, navigate to the settings menu, and proceed with the reset process as you would with the physical remote.
- HDMI-CEC Control: If your TV supports HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) and it’s enabled, you may be able to use your TV remote to navigate the Firestick menu. Look for the CEC options in your TV settings and ensure it’s enabled. Then, use your TV remote to navigate to the Firestick settings and perform the reset.
- Using an Alternative Remote: If you have a universal remote or another compatible remote that can control the Firestick, you can try using it to navigate to the settings menu and initiate the reset process.
- Factory Reset via the Firestick Buttons: This method is a bit more complex and requires physical access to the Firestick. On the Firestick device itself, locate the physical buttons (if available) and use them to perform a factory reset. The button combination may vary depending on the Firestick model, so consult the official Amazon support documentation for specific instructions.
About Firestick not working:
How do I reboot my Amazon Firestick?
As mentioned in the article:
1.On your Firestick remote, press and hold the Home button for a few seconds. This will open the Quick Access menu.
2.In the Quick Access menu, scroll right and select the “Settings” option.
3.Within the Settings menu, scroll right and select “My Fire TV” or “Device & 4.Software,” depending on your Fire TV device model.
5.Scroll down and choose the “Restart” option. If you don’t see the Restart option, you may need to scroll further down to find it.
6.A confirmation message will appear on the screen, asking if you want to restart your Fire TV. Select “Restart” to proceed.
7.Your Firestick will now begin the reboot process. It may take a few moments for the device to shut down and start up again.
8.Once the reboot is complete, your Firestick will automatically load the home screen, and you can start using it as usual.
Rebooting your Firestick can help resolve various issues, such as frozen screens, slow performance, or app glitches. It essentially provides a fresh start for the device and can help improve its overall performance.
If you are unable to access the Firestick settings menu, you can also unplug the power cord from the back of the Firestick or from the power outlet it’s connected to, wait for about 10 to 15 seconds, and then plug it back in. This will perform a power cycle and effectively reboot the device.
How do I fix an unresponsive Firestick?
If your Firestick is unresponsive and not responding to your inputs, you can try the following steps to fix the issue:
Check the Power and Connections:
Ensure that the power adapter is securely connected to the Firestick and plugged into a working power outlet.
Verify that the HDMI cable is properly connected to both the Firestick and your TV.
If you are using an HDMI extender or adapter, try removing it and connecting the Firestick directly to the TV’s HDMI port.
Restart the Firestick:
Press and hold the Home button on the Firestick remote for about 5-10 seconds.
A menu will appear on the screen. Select the “Restart” option to reboot the Firestick.
Allow the Firestick to restart and check if it becomes responsive.
Replace the Batteries:
If you are using a Firestick remote with batteries, try replacing the batteries with fresh ones.
Ensure that the batteries are inserted correctly and making proper contact with the remote’s connectors.
Reset the Firestick: Follow the steps mentioned in the article.
If none of these steps resolve the issue and your Firestick remains unresponsive, it may indicate a hardware problem. In such cases, it is recommended to contact Amazon customer support or seek assistance from an authorized service center for further troubleshooting or repair options.
How do you restart a frozen Firestick?
On the Firestick remote, press and hold the Select button and the Play/Pause button at the same time. Continue to hold both buttons until you see the screen go black and the Firestick restarts.
If the Firestick is experiencing significant lag or unresponsiveness, you can perform a hard reboot as an option by Unplug the power cord from the back of the Firestick device.
Performing a forced reboot or hard reboot can often resolve temporary problems and improve the performance of a frozen or lagging Firestick. If the problem persists after rebooting, further troubleshooting steps may be required, such as clearing the cache or performing a factory reset.
How do I connect my Firestick without the remote?
To get started, download the Amazon Fire TV app on your iPhone or iPad or your Android device. Launch the Amazon Fire TV app. Give the app the required permissions to connect and access your Fire TV and local network access. The app should discover your Firestick — tap on it to connect.
Is there a reset button on Firestick?
Technically, it’s a key combination: Press and hold the Select and Play/Pause buttons on the remote for about five seconds, or until the Reset screen appears. Use the arrow keys on the remote to highlight the Reset option, then press the Select button to select it.
It must be said that iview IPTV is a perfect IPTV service for Firestick, which is compatible with all Android, Firestick devices. If your Firestick device needs IPTV subscription to get IPTV content, you are welcome to choose iview IPTV and we have an IPTV free trial for new users.
By using one of these four efficient methods, you can easily restart your Firestick and resolve some common issues such as freezing, slow response or app errors. Whether you choose to use the remote, the settings menu, power disconnect or the Fire TV app, make sure your Firestick stays in top shape and enjoy a seamless streaming experience.